Last Updated: May 02, 2022
- When you share your personal data with MaintenanceROS we treat it with care and take our responsibility to protect it seriously. This applies when you use our Services. When we say ‘personal data we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, community comments and so on. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymized) then this notice does not apply.
Data Collection Methods
- When you visit our website or use our Services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be
broadly categorized into the following:
- Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our Services, we might ask you to provide Personal Data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you register.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our website or use our Services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our Services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalizing the content you see). Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
- Where we collect Personal Data, we will only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the Personal Data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
- When you visit our website or use our Services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorized into the following:
Use Of Your Data And Legal Basis For Processing
- We use your Personal Data to operate our Services; to provide you with any additional services you have
requested; and to manage our relationship with you. Some of the other purposes we may use your Personal
Data include the following:
- To communicate with you.
- Provide you with information you requested from us or information we are required to send to you as a user of our Services.
- Update notices, like changes to our Services, or security updates.
- Marketing communications about MaintenanceROS in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Request your feedback about our Services or to participate in any research we are conducting.
- To support your use of our Services: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
- To enhance our Services and develop new ones: One reason we track and monitor your use of our Services is to enable us to continue improving, or to perform technical analyses of our Services to optimize your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
- To analyze, aggregate and report: We may produce aggregated and anonymized analytics and reports, which we may share publicly.
- To communicate with you. For example:
- For our users in the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for processing your Personal Data
depends on the Personal Data and the specific context of the processing. Generally, the legal basis we
rely on are as follows:
- Configure and execute a contract with you
- Your permission/consent to do so
- We have a legitimate interest, and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
- We use your Personal Data to operate our Services; to provide you with any additional services you have requested; and to manage our relationship with you. Some of the other purposes we may use your Personal Data include the following:
Share And Disclosure Of Your Data
- We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your Personal Data to third parties for their promotional
purposes and will only disclose your Personal Data to:
4.2 Additionally, if you transfer your MaintenanceROS account to a third party, such as a purchaser of your vessel,
we will share any Personal Data and User Content (as defined in the
) that you retain in your account with such third party. You should delete any data from your account that you
do not want shared with a third party prior to transferring the account to anyone.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners who assist and enable us to use the Personal Data solely to support delivery of or provide functionality on the Services, or to market or promote our goods and Services to you, and these third-party providers and partners have entered into agreements with us not to use any of your Personal Data for their own promotional purposes.
- Regulators, Law Enforcement Bodies, Government Agencies, Courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An Actual or Potential Buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business.
- Other People where we have your consent.
- We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your Personal Data to third parties for their promotional purposes and will only disclose your Personal Data to:
International Data Transfers
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and processed in states, provinces, countries (including the United States where the servers of our data hosting provider are located), or other governmental jurisdictions outside of where you live. These states, provinces, countries, or other governmental jurisdictions may have laws different from what you are used to and may not provide for the same level of data protection as where you live. Rest assured, where we undertake such transfer, we put safeguards in place to ensure your Personal Data remains protected.
- The security of your personal data is extremely important to us. We have appropriate technical and
organizational measures in place to maintain adequate physical, procedural, and technical security to
prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal data that that
you provide to us. These measures include (but are not limited to):
- Industry standard encryption, while your data is at rest and in transit
- Network and application-level segregation and access controls
- A robust development lifecycle, including automated and manual tests, and manual approvals
- Frequent training across our entire team on security best practices, as well as strict internal security policies
- In the event that any of your personal data that you provide to us is compromised as a result of a breach of security, MaintenanceROS will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify you and take other relevant steps, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of the Personal Data you provide to us, as no transmission of information through the Internet can ever be completely secure. We urge you to protect your Personal Data when using the Internet by, for example, changing passwords often, using a combination of letters and numbers, limiting access to your devices, signing out of websites after your sessions and making sure to use a secure browser.
- The security of your personal data is extremely important to us. We have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to maintain adequate physical, procedural, and technical security to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal data that that you provide to us. These measures include (but are not limited to):
- The length of time we keep your Personal Data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- We will retain your Personal Data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period after that where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we will make sure it is deleted or anonymized.
- It’s your Personal Data and you have certain rights relating to it. You can ask us not to send you marketing communications at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication or send your request to privacy@MaintenanceROS.com.
- You are also entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your Personal Data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that we correct any Personal Data you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the Personal Data you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that MaintenanceROS erase your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that we transfer any of your Personal Data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- These rights may be limited; for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal the Personal Data about another person, or if you ask us to delete the Personal Data that we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
- You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to privacy@MaintenanceROS.com. If you are not happy with how we are processing your Personal Data, please let us know by sending an email to privacy@MaintenanceROS.com. We will review and investigate your complaint and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
- We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you have unresolved concerns, and you reside in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you have the right to complain to a competent supervisory authority.
Certain California Privacy Rights
- Residents of California, under California Civil Code § 1798.83, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed personal information, for direct marketing purposes, during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and want information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, please email us your request to privacy@MaintenanceROS.com.
Cookies And Similar Technologies
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. Similar technologies are tools that can be used instead of or in conjunction with cookies, such as web beacons/pixels, which are small, non-recognizable pictures downloaded to your computer when a specific site is loaded. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Securely identifying a user and keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our Services.
- What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – We use these cookies so that we recognize you when you use our Services and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
- Performance Cookies – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company may sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with our third-party service providers who are bound by agreement not to share or use the data for any other purpose other than for enhancing the performance of the Services.
- How to manage cookies
Do Not Track
- There are different ways to prevent tracking of online activities. Some web browsers may allow you to enable a “do-not-track” or “DNT” feature that alerts the websites you visit that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. Our Services may not recognize or react in response to do-not-track signals.
- At present, we are not aware of universally accepted standards on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. We take privacy of the Personal Data in our possession seriously, so in the event we become aware of universally accepted standards established for DNT signals, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Links to Other Websites
How to Contact Us